What is the Endowment Fund?
The Immanuel Lutheran Church Endowment Fund was established in 2003 to encourage, receive and administer gifts received as endowments. This fund will allow people to designate mission and ministry projects they want to support in their lifetimes, as well as when they have gone home to heaven. Gifts and bequests given to the endowment fund will be carefully managed by the Endowment Fund Committee according to the stated wishes of the donor. This endowment fund permits you to “have a say” in what your gifts will accomplish even after you’re gone.
What will a gift to the Endowment Fund mean to me?
The endowment fund provides a means for us, as Christian stewards, to demonstrate and express in a tangible way our deep gratitude for God’s many gifts and blessings to us. A gift to the endowment fund is a reflection of our faith and Christian love over and above our normal regular support of the ongoing mission and ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church. The pastors, members of the Endowment Fund Committee, and the District Gift Planning Counselor will be pleased to meet with you to discuss your participation in the endowment fund and what your gift can accomplish.
How can I participate in the Endowment Fund’s activities?
There are many different ways in which you can participate in the endowment fund’s activities, depending on your desires and financial resources. The more common methods include:
- Remembrance Giving: Gifts may be given in memory of loved ones and friends, in honor of anniversaries, birthdays, baptisms or other special events.
- Gifts or donations: A gift or donation of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, or personal property may be given during your lifetime.
- Bequest of property through a will: A gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate or personal property can be given in a personal will.
- Bequest of property through a will: A gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate or personal property can
be given in a personal will.
- Gift Annuity Arrangements: A gift of money or property that pays the donor income for the rest of his
or her life with the remainder going to the endowment fund can be arranged.
- Life Insurance Bequest: The endowment fund can be named as a beneficiary in a life insurance policy
for which premiums are paid by the donor, or you may gift a policy to the endowment fund.
- Trust: A trust may be created by a donor to provide funds for many uses, including use by the
Opportunities within Our Congregation
Unrestricted gifts — All of the income from this fund will be used for special projects here at Immanuel Lutheran Church, such as:
- Education — These funds will be used to support Immanuel Lutheran Church’s Christian education ministry. (Examples: VBS, Sunday school, adult classes, preschool or other education ministries.)
- Building and Grounds — These funds will be used for projects locally to improve and repair church facilities. (Example: new furnace, landscaping, remodeling.)
- Youth Programs — These funds will be used to support Immanuel’s youth ministry. (Examples: youth retreats, counselor training, youth gathering scholarships, youth mission projects, summer camp scholarships.)
- Building Fund — These funds are available for new building projects.
- Church Music —These funds will be used to support Immanuel’s music program. (Example: purchase music, choir robes, repair organ, special music program.)
- Evangelism — These funds will be used to support Immanuel’s outreach to the unchurched in our community. (Examples: radio, TV, newspaper, training for evangelism.)
- Technology — These funds will be used for special projects of electronic or other technological opportunities as they become available. (Examples: additions to sound system, audio-visual equipment, computers, etc.)
- Scholarships — These funds will be used for scholarships to students going into full-time church work as pastors, teachers, DCEs. Scholarship distribution will be coordinated with the Immanuel Board of Education.
- Lutheran Elementary School and/or Preschool — These funds will be used for special projects to support Red River Lutheran School Association’s elementary school and/or preschool. (Examples:computers, new desks, teacher continuing education.)
- Family Counseling — These funds will be used as special gifts to aid families in our congregation with the cost of Christian counseling. (Examples: Lutheran Family Service, marriage, drug and alcohol dependency, family.)
Mission and Ministry Outside Our Congregation
Endowment funds may be used as grants to specific LCMS mission and ministry projects outside our congregation.
Endowment Fund Committee
Endowment gifts received by Immanuel Lutheran Church will be managed by the Endowment Fund Committee in cooperation with the Church Council and the Voters. The Endowment Fund will be managed according to the guidelines adopted by the Voters. Copies of these guidelines are available from the church office.